Citizens For Clean Water, Inc. Membership consists of private citizens who are dedicated and committed to the preservation of our environment with special emphasis on safe and clean water in the beautiful Twin Lakes area of north-central Arkansas.
CFCW’s stated purposes are:
- To promote clean water.
- To preserve a clean environment to insure the health and safety of the citizens of Baxter and neighboring counties.
- To promote good stewardship of our lands for recreation, home-sites, agriculture, commercial and industrial sites.
- To provide a means for working with county, city, state and federal officials in the preservation of a healthy environment.
How do we accomplish these objectives?
CFCW’s efforts include public education, working with public officials, and providing information to the public and industry. In addition, CFCW has an ongoing program consisting of professional water testing of our lakes, rivers, streams, wells and municipal drinking water.
Grassroots citizen involvement
Organized in February 1987, CFCW’s grassroots citizen involvement is as important now as ever. Most of us agree that we cannot solely rely on our elected and appointed officials to protect our interests. They need our help, our periodic nudge, and our perpetual watchful eye.
- President: Dan Cohee
- Vice President: Bob Manfred
- Secretary: Gail Tornquist